Vertical Storage Leveler Installation for Cold Storage Facilities
Are you planning to get a vertical storage leveler installed to your cold storage facility? Keep in mind that vertical storage leveler installation requires proper execution and should be provided by knowledgeable loading dock service professionals. Every single detail of installation; from wall foundation preparation up to the final installation process, should be meticulously performed in order to ensure that your vertical storage leveler will take good care of your cold storage facility.
VS Series Standard Features include:
- Full Featured Push button Control Box.
- Structural Steel Support Members.
- Power-Up and Power-Down Control
- Free Float Working Range
- Mechanical Storage Locking
- Mechanism Provides Redundant Safety
- Push Button Release of Storage Prop
- Dual Maintenance Prop
- 3" High Run-Off Guards
- 10" Above, 8” Below Dock Service Range
- Overhead Door Interlocks (Dry Terminal)
- Rear Embed Channel with Factory Installed Hinges
- Two (2) VB420-11 Laminated Dock Bumpers
Why Vertical Levelers?
The Poweramp-VS series leveler stores in the vertical position allowing the door to form a perfect seal to the pit floor. Compared to “pit style” levelers, which can radiate expensive conditioned air to the outside of the building in the stored position, vertical storing levelers can produce savings equivalent to “one ton” of refrigeration in the stored position alone. A variety of deck, pit and face mounted draft seals can produce even greater tangible savings, reducing energy loss while the vertical leveler is in use.
Highly regulated industries such as the “food industry,” choose Poweramp-VS series levelers for cleanliness improvements in the dock area. Access for cleaning, overall visibility, and rodent control is a notable improvement over conventional “pit style” levelers. Improved Productivity and Security: A “shelf style” vertical application can permit hinged truck trailer doors to open inside the building once the trailer has backed into the dock thus improving productivity and enhancing security. Since it is no longer necessary to stop short of the dock to open, close or secure the trailer’s doors, reduced down-time is certain to produce tangible results.
Structural, mechanical, and hydraulic components are visible and easily accessible to maintenance personnel for adjustments, operational checks and daily house keeping. Productivity and efficiency with the vertical storing levelers. There is no time-consuming trailer repositioning of trailers or unnecessary air exchange through an open dock door, a common problem with “pit style” levelers. Since vertical levelers store in front of the overhead door and incorporate side run-off guards, customers virtually eliminate door damage from impact with lift trucks or staging product in and around dock doors.
The Poweramp-VS series leveler stores in the vertical position, protecting the overhead door from damage. Overhead rack storage can be added to maximize empty pallet storage.
For Poweramp Loading dock equipment repairs click here.
Lower Your Initial Building Costs With CentraPower®
If your business requires four or more dock levelers, you can reduce the expense of operating and maintaining multiple individual pumping stations by using a single hydraulic source, CentraPower® System by Poweramp.
CentraPower® is an easy to install, cost-effective, multileveler remote system. CentraPower® consolidates the individual electric motors, pumps and reservoirs of several standard levelers into one convenient hydraulic pump station. The reduction of “home run” electrical runs, disconnects and control wiring can produce significant “first cost” savings while simplifying maintenance requirements. Additional system assurances are afforded as CentraPower® comes standard with a back-up motor and pump assembly for complete peace of mind.
Individual pits can be formed by notching around door jambs to allow the door to close firmly to pit floor, creating room for staging between pits. A continuous pit is more economical to construct and permits easy access for house keeping.
Proper bollard/control stanchion design and placement controls access to the pit area. Where power doors are utilized, restricted access to the pit area can be accomplished by widening control stanchions.
A continuous pit is ideal when opening trailer doors into the building, a desirable application consideration for enhanced environmental and security control.
Specialty Levelers Vertical Storing
Structurally Superior By Design!
The start of any successful VS-series leveler installation begins with a complete review of the customers’ application and design parameters. Systems’ team of design and application engineers use Computer Aided Design (CAD) to optimize loading dock efficiency into the building layout. Poweramp-VS series, vertical levelers are a smart investment and come loaded with “Superior By Design” features such as:
• Rear Embed Channel - Factory welded hinges and strategically positioned concrete anchor straps on rear embed channel.
• Structural Superiority - Wide flange “I” beams provide unmatched strength and added deck support. • Vertical Laminated Bumper - With gusseted bracket and load distribution plate insure building protection from a trailer positioning. • Extended Service Range - Poweramp’s low profile/wide flange structure permits 10” above and 8” below dock service range. •Infinite Leveler Control - A NEMA 12 industrial enclosure allows independent raising and lowering of both deck and lip.
• Choice of Power Units - Choose from remote power unit, under deck mounted or our exclusive CentraPower®. •Power Down Control - Protective Collard push button type control requires constant pressure on the lower button for leveler to lower. A “free-float” feature allows unrestricted float in the working range. •Hydraulic and Mechanical Storage Lock - A mechanical storage lock provides redundant safety while the leveler is in the stored position. Automatic push button release of the storage lock is accomplished with a trombetta solenoid valve. An optional indicator light alerts the operator when the leveler is properly stored.
Full and independent control of dock leveler lip and dock functions permits easy “end loading” when trailers are fully loaded to the rear of trailer.
VS Series Common Options...
• PowerHook® Restraint
• PowerHold® Restraint
• PowerStop® Restraint (Manual or Automatic)
• Dock Alert™ Communication System
• Grease Fittings
• Lip Keepers
• 18” or 20” Lip
• Gusseted Bumper Support With Load Distribution Plate
• Leveler Stored Indicator Light
• Deck Mounted or Remote Mounted Motor
• Integrated Control Panel
The VS Series offers you more dock space and security with less energy consumption.
INSTALLATION PICTURE GUIDE:
Loading Dock, Inc. Vertical Storage Leveler Service Photos:
The supertechnicians of Loading Dock, Inc. provides quick response and reliable installation, repairs and maintenance for your vertical storage leveler and other loading dock equipment.
Click "Book Service Call" below to get started.
For more information, please give us a call at 973-471-4060 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We service Northern New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic, Union, Essex, Morris, Hudson, Hunterdon, Somerset county/counties), Manhattan, New York City, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, Westchester and Rockland.